Saturday, October 29, 2011

JR Review

Website: None (contact me if you need his info)
About: Barber Stylist who does locs and has them.

Why I went: A lot of the people I know personally go to him to get their locs done.  He did his wife's and they were great.  He seemed like a good person to start with.

Location: Laurel, MD

JR did my big chop.
Making the Appointment: Via text message or phone call.  I can't really plan ahead with JR.  I make contact the week I want my appointment.  Too far in advance, and I'm worried he'll forget.  When I do it that week, I'm worried I won't get in.
 
My Experience With the Venue: JR works out of shops that have one side for barbers and the other side are typical salons.  He can be found on the barber side.  The atmosphere is laid back.

My Experience With the Stylist: JR is concerned with your life.

Before I started going to JR.


My first set of twists.
The Process: JR washes and twists.  He uses a variety of products.  Twisting is done using Barry Fletcher Hair Serum.  The effect is glossy hair that's a bit sticky, but clear.

Time to Pay: Cash only.  After your first service, JR doesn't usually tell you how much the is due.

Overall Take: The only draw back is the ease of making an appointment.  Since my schedule gets so busy, like knowing that I can get in when I need to been seen.  His products aren't all natural, but they get a nice look.

Would I go back? Before finding Urban Nature? Yes.  Now, I'm not sure.

Would I recommend to others?  Yes especially men looking to a masculine atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment