Friday, October 28, 2011

Twist Like This Review

Twist Like This Herbal Putty




Per the website if its creator (www.barryfletcherproducts.com), "Twist Like This Herbal Putty [is a] multi-purpose styling [product which gives] firm hold [and a] glossy finish. For natural hair styling, twist, locs, braids texturizers. Contains african butter, soybean oil, bees wax, Aloe Vera, wheat germ, selenium, vitamin B&E."

I used it for maintenance on the recommendation of the stylist that started my locs. He let me know ahead of time to only use a small amount.  What he should have said was stuff will leave your hair ashy and sticky if you don't use just dabs.  If it was giving my hair the hold I was looking for, I wouldn't feel the need to put on more than just a dab.  I didn't try this product just once though.  On several occasions, I used the putty to retwist after washing and even without washing.  After washing, this product doesn't give the hold I need. Without washing, it worked pretty good to refresh my look.  Unfortunately, like regular putty this product is sticky. Overall, I'm sad I spent $10 on a 4 ounce bottle I probably won't touch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment