Saturday, October 22, 2011

I Can Do It Myself - Basic Retwist

Paying someone to do my hair is quite costly and pretty inconvenient so I've decided to keep cost low and not walk around scratching my hair all day, I would do it myself.

The first time it retwisted my locs, they were four months old.  I washed using Dr. Bonner's Liquid Castille Soap and twisted with Twist Like This Herbal Putty.  End result, I was able to make it another two weeks, but I felt like I was messing with the size of the locs.  And my hair was sticky.

At nine months, I tried again.  This time I used a super diluted ACV rinse followed by a baking soda rinse.  Unimpressed by that, I went ahead with some regular shampoo.  When I finally felt my hair was clean, I retwisted using Hair Putty. Job complete? Yes.  Hair sticky? Yes.

A week later, I used by the 50/50 ACV rinse followed by regular shampoo and added tea tree oil.  Way less work to feel and look clean.  Hair Putty was still in rotation, so my hair was still sticky.

The next week I gathered all the ingredients to make shealoe and had a long afternoon ahead of me.
Before I started
1. 50/50 ACV rinse for 3 hours
After rinse
2. Garnier Nutrisse shampoo with a few drops of tea tree oil
After shampooing
3. Made shealoe

4. Retwist

5. Sat under dryer on low for 2 hours
I loved the shine though I'm not sure I comes through in the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment