Monday, December 19, 2011

Love, Jasmine Shampoo Bar Review

Love, Jasmine are handmade, natural shampoo bars. On the website you can find a listing of ingredients all of which are easy to pronounce.  I decided to give them a try for several reasons - I will probably never make my own, I travel a lot and could put this in my carry-on without restriction, and why not support small business?

After 19 days without washing, I decided to put the Avocado Bar to the test.

19 days dry no wash
I've been using the daily moisturizer at least once a day, in the morning, but have used it right before bed some nights.  Surprisingly, my scalp still looks good.  I had one friend who actually thought I washed my hair on day 19 (before I actually did).


After wetting my hair, I was scared that it would get the grey look of product buildup and/or start to stink.  Neither happened.  Yay!

Following the product directions, I massaged the bar into my scalp and let it sit for a about five minutes.

Lather, rinse, repeat, and I was done.  My hair was clean and there was no desire to followup with another shampoo.  My hair was dry when I was done, but that was expected since the website says, "For optimal results, a deep conditioning regimen or moisturizer after washing hair is recommended."

Overall, I was pleased with the product.  I'm excited to try the Cinnamon bar.  I recommend this product to those with oily hair and/or frequent travelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment