Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2012 Goals

I've got a few hair goals for 2012:

1. Dye my hair.  I've dyed my hair before, but had to lighten it in order for it to show.  This time around, the plan is to use a recipe I found for hair lightening naturally.  Then, hopefully in time for my birthday, I'm aiming for a reddish color using henna.

2. Build my regimen. I'm in need of a gel/butter recipe that will help my locs to come together.  I've got lots of hairs that stray from the bulk of the loc and make  it look a bit like a loc-fro. I'm also thinking a deep conditioner may be necessary.  I love my daily moisturizer, but think I want to experiment with something that could be easier to apply.




3. Start styling.  I love my hair crinkly so I'm hoping to be able to do a braid out by the end of the year.  I'd also like to try pipe cleaner curls.

4. Fix the bald/thin spots.  When I was about sixteen I noticed that I had to bald patches near the front of my hairline.  I stopped relaxing my hair in hopes that that would help, but to no avail.  Eleven years later they are still there, but haven't seem to gotten better or worse.  Hopefully there's a recipe out there that can help.



5. Wear makeup.  I'm about as low maintenance as it gets.  That's great, but there are some days when I want to be more.  I want to get jazzy.  I want to feel different.  So we'll see how the eye makeup goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment