Sunday, December 11, 2011

Daily Moisturizer

I originally selected this recipe because it is for hair growth. When I actually got around to making it though, I was interested in using it as a daily moisturizer so I didn't bother buying carrot or argan oil.

3/4 cup of coconut oil
2 tbsp jojoba oil
1/4 cup of olive oil

The original recipe called for 1 tablespoon of carrot or argan oil.

When the ingredients were combined, I had enough for three 2 ounce bottles.  The coconut oil causes the mixture to solidify, but if the room is warm or your rub it your hands first, it spreads easily.

As part of my test of how long I can go without washing my hair, I've been applying the oil at least once daily.  It's been 12 days since I washed it, but you couldn't tell by looking at my scalp. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment