Friday, November 18, 2011

Loc Butter Take 2

So the first run at making the loc butter didn't go so well.  I decided to make some tweeks to the recipe:

2 tbsp shea butter
1 tbsp mango butter
1/2 tbsp coconut oil

I melted those in the double boiler on medium.  Then I added:

1 tsp sweet almond oil
1 tsp jojoba oil
1 tsp avocado oil

I poured the mixture into a glass bowl and mixed it on low for a few minutes before adding:

5 drops lavender
10 drops of tea tree oil

I alternated between mixing and freezing the mixture until it whipped up like a thick lotion.  On the last run in the freezer, it ended up solid so I think I should have quite while I was ahead. I whipped it one more time before putting it into the old shea butter container.

Tomorrow, I'll do my hair and see how it works out.

Follow up: I left the ACV rinse in my hair for 3 hours then rinsed it out with warm water. After washing with a shampoo concentrate, I retwisted my hair. I was being lazy so some of it dried before I got to it. I palm rolled the locs this time. Then I sat under the dryer for an hour.  I'm pretty sure I was under there for too long, but I wanted to make sure that it was fully dry.  I didn't get the same shine I got from the shealoe recipe, but I'll try tweeking the recipe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment