Sunday, November 20, 2011

Natural Shampoo Recipe I

When I first decide to loc I looked up how to wash my hair.  Dr. Bonner's Liquid Castille Soap came up quite a few times.  I knew I had to dilute it, but couldn't figure out the right measurement.  Every trial left my hair cloudy.  So, I just stuck to my Garnier Nutrisse and added tea tree oil to the bottle.  Then I came across a concentrate recipe:

1/4 cup water
1/4 cup liquid castille soap
1/2 tsp of olive oil

My hair reacts well to tea tree oil so I added it along with rosemary oil.

I put all the ingredients in a plastic bottle in a twist tip bottle.  All this was done last week.  This week, I applied the concentrate directly to my scalp and massaged it in.  I got a pretty good lather.  Lather, rinse, repeat, and I was done. Miracle of all miracles my hair looked black rather than the grey it looks when it's still dirty.

I'm so excited.  I have one more shampoo recipe to try, but for now I'm glad that I finally found one that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment