Saturday, February 2, 2013

New Color

Yesterday I went back to Natural Vybz to use my LivingSocial deal and get a color.  What do you think?

Before they started
Sectioned hair



Three layers of color.










Do you see the patch around my hairline that didn't get any color?
Yeah, I know that's a lot of pictures.

When I went for my consultation, we settled on three colors - copper, red, and purple. That's how it's layered on my head.  Shanna, the colorist, said that over time the copper will lighten, but how light it will go varies.  I guess we'll see what happens.  Oh yeah, remember the $35 I had to pay for the consultation?  That was a deposit towards to actual service. Awesome!  The total price for the three colors was $65. They used CHI brand in case you were wondering.

I feel like this post doesn't flow great, but at least I got the important information out.

Oh.  Another thing.  Shanna recommended deep conditioning since my hair is colored.  That works out because Loc'd Life did a post recently on conditioning.  Time to re-read it.

2 comments:

  1. Impressive results. The second photo is the first one I've noticed how thick your locs are. Very creative colour choices but you didn't mention how you felt about the dye job? Or were the facial expressions meant to say it all?

    Also, hair line, barely noticeable. Don't stress your roots will come through in no time anyway and I personally think drastic colour changes look better/more natural once the new growth comes in unless it's blonde or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks NatraLocs. I really wanted to get the basic post info up. In case I don't do a follow up, I was really pleased with the job that was done. The colorist talked another stylist through the process so I got to know what was going on too. I love the progression, but wish the purple was brighter. The facial expressions were out of boredom.

      Delete