Saturday, February 2, 2013

Well Hello Stranger

Most natural black women don't like their hair to be touched.  I am no exception.  Mainly because you don't know me that well and I don't understand why you feel the need.  I did grant an exception to this allowance while in Mexico.  On a tour of some Mayan ruins, an Indian woman was quite captivated by my hair and asked to touch it.  I think it was her genuine curiosity, lack of English, and the chance for a photo which made me give in:


I'm not sure which was more intriguing to her, the texture of my hair or the color.  An Indian colleague of mine told me that in India the hair color I was currently rocking was achieved using a plant (not henna) and he wanted to know how I did mine.  I felt honored to be this woman's first exposure to locs and hoped it was a good one for her.


2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a good time on your travels. Loving the outfit. I was certainly looking forward to an update from you and now there are three!! Only had the one 'toucher' so far but it doesn't half get people talking hahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun. Thanks for keeping me on track with posting.

    ReplyDelete