Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bantu Knots to Curls

I'm tired of retwisting my hair.  I decided that I need to try styling it in ways that wouldn't require retwisting.  I decided to put some bantu knots in since I could wear them for at least a week.

Don't judge my just woke up face.
My husband was not impressed.  He felt they looked like do-do balls on my head.   When I took them out though he did like the final product:




I was able to rock the curls for three days - church, a birthday party and to work.  By the second day of work, I had do something with the front.

I settled on flat twists in the front.  That lasted two days I think.  So the Thursday I put to top and front in a ponytail and wore rest out.

Yay! I made it a full work week.  I was please that I survived.  I think that I made the knots too tight the first day because my scalp was not pleased.  To make them last, I would re-knot them at night - as long as I wasn't being lazy:


Time for bed.

What I learned from this experience was that I didn't have to retwist my hair to have a cute style, but I did need to ignore the folk that love me the most.  My husband didn't like the do-do balls look.  My mom thought it was cute, but that my hair is long enough to "look better." Really?  Oh well.  As long as I'm pleased, the world will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment