Sunday, October 14, 2012

Deep Cleansing

For the past few weeks, well maybe it's just been two, my scalp has not been happy.  It's been flaking up and quite unpleasant.  Last week, I did an ACV rinse, without much relief.  This week I decided to add a baking soda cleanse to the ACV rinse.

I made an ACV and water mixture (50/50) poured over my scalp.  Then I saw with a shower cap on for about two  hours. Next, I filled kitchen sink with warm water.  Poured baking soda in my hands and rubbed it into my scalp like shampoo.  I then used the water in the sink to rinse out my hair:
First baking soda rinse
Then I let that water out and rinsed it out some more:

Second post baking soda rinse

Third post baking soda rinse

Next using my homemade shampoo base I did two lathers.  Or maybe it was three.  Here's what came out:


First rinse - you can really see the dirt when I take the flash off.

Second rinse
Third rinse
Then I retwisted with coconut oil.  Yay for clean hair.

3 comments:

  1. Heey, I was just saying over at http://locandroll.blogspot.co.uk/ that everyone seems to be doing an ACV cleanse lately. Must be the change in seasons.

    What do you use to make your shampoo (the link is not publicly available?) I've wanted to make my own for a while now but I don't know what the essential ingredient is for shampoos/hair soaps.

    NL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liquid Castille soap (currently using Dr. Bonner's Peppermint) maybe about a fourth to half the bottle, plus olive or jojoba oil (8th or 4th of bottle), and the remaining portion is water. I usually add in a few drops of tea tree and rosemary oil. This is a concentrated batch so you don't need too much. Once you add the water while shampooing, you should get a pretty good lather.

      Delete
    2. Ooo I see, thank you. I'll see if I can get hold of Dr Bonner's here in the UK :)))

      Delete