Friday, June 28, 2013

Shame on Me/Plans for the Summer

So, two weeks ago I was really flipping out on my scalp.  No matter what I put on it, it flaked up.  Then I got an email about psoriasis.  Duh!  Why did I not think it was a flare up?


Just a sample of what was going on. 
On Sunday I sprayed a 50-50 solution of ACV and H2O onto my scalp, put on a shower cap, and went to work out.



About four hours later, I washed it out and headed to Nia's for her to style it.


Yes, placing this one last was intentional.

I'm super happy with how it came out and that I didn't have to do it.  I'm going on a break for the summer which means no retwisting if I can help it.  The next time I intend on doing it or getting it done will be after Labor Day for this wedding.  We'll see what happens.

What are your plans for the summer?

5 comments:

  1. that style locs amazing! I love how thick your locs have become! Hope the scalp issue is under control now and I'm looking forward to an update from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this would be a great style to protect the ends of my locs at the back of my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it and let me know if it helps.

      Delete
    2. So... I tried to do this style myself. After a few (?) hours of struggling with trying to cornrow backwards, I ended up taking the few braids I did down and doing my go-to cornrows from from to back. *sigh* On that note, I haven't been to my loctician's in a while. I'm due for an appointment and I'll show her this style.

      Delete
    3. Arrrg. Well, you tried. I'm sure your loctician will do a great job.

      Delete