Sunday, April 14, 2013

Thinning edges? Give these a try

Many thanks to Nia Phoenix for helping me with my thinning edges.  Here are some recipes she shared with me which I now share with you:

Rosemary Oil

Rosemary herb in olive oil massaged into scalp. Use olive oil based on head size. Approx 2 tbsp and a piece of rosemary herb. Allow it to mix well before applying.

This is what I'm using at the moment.  I used rosemary essential oil since I already had some.

Bayberry Tea

Make a strong bayberry tea and rub it in well at night. Wash off in the morning thoroughly and apply again, possibly add a few drops of lavender oil.

I haven't been about to find this in stores and online it's about $15 so this recipe is on hold for now.

Pre-Wash

1 tbsp jojoba oil, 3 drops rosemary oil,3 drops lavender oil, 1 drop lemon balm and 1 drop atlas cedar wood oil. Mix with wooden or plastic utensil not aluminum. Massage mix into scalp, leave on for 30 minutes. Wash hair, adding 1 drop of rosemary oil to each shampoo application. As a final rinse, add 1 drop each of lavender oil and rosemary oil to a quart of cool water and pour over your head.

I don't have any lemon balm at the moment, but this will get a try eventually.  Hopefully.

If you try one, let me know how it worked for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment